Hanger Clips

Friday, April 15, 2005

GI Jesus

Too much craziness right now, what with trying to sell our house and getting ready to move half way across the country. Interestingly, I've only ever moved West in my life, which is kind of like always going back in time. Now we're moving East, moving forward in time instead. But, either way around we ain't getting much sleep at all right now since the only time we can do any packing or cleaning is after the girls go to sleep at night.

OK, but back to the point of this post, which is to highlight this most wonderful website:

One2Believe

How cool is that! I have to get the complete set. Apparently they are working on some other characters. I want to see Jael with a bloody tentpeg in her hand, or maybe Samson. I would have thought he'd be an obvious choice for this kind of thing. I imagine him looking a little bit like He-Man but with longer hair. No, wait, what about the prophets - just pull a string sticking out of Isaiah's back and hear him pronounce judgement on Israel over and over and over again. What better way to witness to your co-workers than a little talking doll?

The downside here is that I don't think they have any plans to produce bad guys. For example, they aren't planning to make a Jezebel doll, or a Judas doll or a Pharaoh doll. But, everyone knows the best part about action figures is having them duke it out on your living room floor. I suppose I could pit Moses against Jesus, but, I don't know, that just seems like it might be crossing a line.

Jonathan

1 Comments:

  • Hilarious. I wonder if Elijah comes with blazing altar and pet raven, Morsel. Or Moses with Action Rod with Kung-fu grip. Solomon should have Proverb Tablet which annihilates foes with its wisdom and razor-sharp edges (like truth!). Only Shamgar's oxgoad is more deadly!

    By Blogger David Tieche, at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home