Hanger Clips

Monday, May 01, 2006

Holy, Holy, Holy

Today it hit me what an important and serious task I have undertaken by attending seminary. I mean, I always knew that, but it just kind of struck me at a different level today. These are not just academic studies. This is not just about writing papers and taking quizzes. This is about Heaven and Hell. Salvation and Condemnation.

Over the weekend I read through 1 and 2 Samuel (for a paper), and reading such a big chunk of the Old Testament has reminded me how mighty and Holy God is. There is something to be said for fearing the Lord, and taking him and his work very seriously indeed. Yet, when was the last time I heard any preaching about that? Mostly I hear about all the things that God has done, is doing, and will do for us. I can’t remember the last time I heard someone preach about God’s holiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home