Hanger Clips

Monday, October 10, 2005

What do you do with vodka?

OK, I've tried drinking it straight (in college, with disastrous consequences), and I've tried mixing it with OJ or tomato juice (not so palatable after my college experiences with drinking it straight), and I've even tried using it to flambé food (and almost set the kitchen on fire in the process). But now I have it - the perfect use for vodka that doesn't involve inebriation, burning frypans, or sarcasm...

Baked penne pasta with a tomato vodka cream sauce.

This is not "just another recipe". This meal is off-the-charts-good. It was my birthday yesterday and my wonderful, creative and talented wife made a giant batch of this for the family, and it was just outstanding. I know, this is a heavily biased opinion, but so is my entire blog. I'm not trying to be obejctive. But let me tell you this - this meal is now in my top 5 of favorite meals of all time.

Seriously, this is worth going through the hassle of printing it out, buying the ingredients and making it yourself at home. It is awesome.

So, a big shout-out to Emeril for creating it, and a HUGE THANK YOU to my amazing wife for making it for me. I love you!

And, finally, I have found a reason to warrant buying vodka.

In tomorrow's episode we will discuss the sumptuous dessert the followed up the perfect pasta, so stay tuned.

1 Comments:

  • Jonathan,
    thank you for sharing this with us. I printed it out and it looks great. Can't wait to make this dish. I will let you know how it turns out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home