Hanger Clips

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

What’s my Nineveh?

I’ve decided that August must be “Preach From Jonah Month.”

The church we visited two weeks ago had a sermon based on the book of Jonah.

The church we visited last week studied Jonah in the kid’s program

The church we went to this morning had a lesson on… Jonah (and the following goofy graphic in black and white in the sermon notes):

http://www.pitts.emory.edu/woodcuts/1570BiblC/00002833.jpg

Next week we’re going to a cook-out at my parent’s church, where they are going to show… yes, you guessed it, the Veggietales Jonah movie for the kids(at a special presentation hosted by Phil Vischer, the founder of Veggietales, who also goes to their church). It’s going to be great.

But, this has to be more than coincidence, right?

And if so, then what is God trying to tell me? My daughter has figured out her application - God lives in the belly of a whale. But, I’m guessing I should be hearing something deeper than that.

Which makes me wonder, what is my Nineveh? Is there something I am trying to run from?

Or maybe I’m already in my Nineveh, but whining and complaining too much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home