Hanger Clips

Monday, November 14, 2005

Just how big is God anyways?

I just met an interesting guy named Chris. He was sitting in a traffic jam the other day, frustrated with all the cars on the road, when it hit him that in every car was somebody as unique and complex as himself. That might sound obvious, but have you ever stopped to consider that God is working in the lives of every person you meet? All those eye-opening moments in your life, all those little revelations you experience, all those minor miracles God brings into your life– they aren’t unique to you. They may be uniquely tailored to your specific set of circumstances, but you aren’t the only person experiencing those kinds of events.

That moment of perspective was eye-opening for Chris, and for me also. I know that I get so wrapped in my own story sometimes that I forget the big picture. Yes, God is working in miraculous ways in my life, often without me knowing or understanding why, but I’m not the only one. He is simultaneously working in the hearts and minds of just about everyone else around me. Talk about a reality check! I sing about God’s power every Sunday, and frequently meditate on his grace and mercy in prayer, but it’s all too easy to forget what those words mean, and just how big God really is. Funny how sitting in a traffic jam can give you a little glimpse of what is really going on in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home