Hanger Clips

Saturday, November 12, 2005

More U2

My buddy Dave just went to see U2 in concert and he can’t stop going on about how good it was. Not that I can blame him – I am sure it amazing. I’m just jealous I can’t go. Now we have 2 kids it’s a bit hard to go to rock concerts.

Anyway, I just dug up my original CD of The Joshua Tree. Inside was a ticket stub from a U2 concert. In March 1992. Man I suddenly feel old.

So buried in a moment of nostalgia, I started reading the lyrics in the CD booklet. And here's something bizarre. I was looking at the lyrics for "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". In the CD it says:

I have kissed honey lips
Felt the healing in her fingertips
It burned like fire
This burning desire

But if you look at the lyrics as displayed on the official U2 website, it says:

I have kissed honey lips
Felt the healing in her finger tips
It burned like fire
(I was) burning inside her.

The meaning of the last line has changed a little bit, don't you think?

A great song either way around though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home